About the Senior Umbrella Network of Brooklyn (SUN-B)
Established in 2003 to serve the needs of Brooklyn's aging population, the Senior Umbrella Network of Brooklyn (SUN-B) is a 501 (c)3 Not For Profit organization for professionals serving seniors in our community. This diverse organization of professionals is focused on improving the quality of services and care delivered to senior citizens in our region- across the spectrum.
SUN-B has an agenda dedicated to fighting ageism, fighting elder abuse and promoting access to services. We are focused on exploring and supporting issues related to caregivers.
Our membership represents professionals from:
- Nursing Homes
- Assisted Living
- Home Care
- Community based organizations
- Senior Centers
- Legal and Financial
- And other related professionals serving seniors
SUN-B is based on the belief that when professionals collaborate, they position themselves to help achieve more for their clients, while also building important relationships with one another.
- Strengthen your capabilities
- Leverage your networking circles
- Extend your advocacy voice
- Continue your professional development
- Stay abreast of changing trends, social issues and legislation